About Our Facility
Townhouse For Dogs & Cats is a comprehensive care facility located in beautiful Westport, Connecticut. Not only do we offer the typical boarding care, we also offer a vast number of different services, including rehab services. Started in 1994, our team is comprised of groomers, supervisors, and veterinary staff. We are located at 1040 Post Road East, and our building is spacious enough to board many dogs and cats comfortably and safely at one time. Not only do we follow traditional veterinary values, but we are a long-standing member of the International Boarding & Pet Services Association. Your pet’s safety, security, and enjoyment are our number one priorities here, and we hope that you and your pet feel welcome enough to keep coming back.
Services We Offer
Our townhouse is not your ordinary boarding facility for dogs. Among the services we offer here are:
- Daily boarding packages for dogs & cats
- Weekly boarding packages: including complimentary grooming and your choice of one free toy
- Training sessions:
- Puppy Basics: including bathroom etiquette, anti-biting, and constructive play.
- Advanced Puppy: including asking to go outside constructively, anti-tugging, and child etiquette.
- Basic Dog: including sit, speak, stay, and other basic commands.
- Advanced Dog: especially great for herding breeds, this teaches your dog advanced commands.
- Service Animal Certification: we offer this certification for any animal, and classes are based upon type of animal.
- Cat 101: learn how to better interact with your feline friend!
- Grooming services with our professional groomers
- Rehabilitation services: dog injury rehab services are offered through our veterinary staff, and are crucial to your dog’s rehabilitation after surgery. Services are also available for cats.
What We Require
We love all animals, but we do have certain requirements that must be met in order to ensure the safety of the other boarders. All dogs must play well with others (they are housed separately, but they don’t always play separately!) and all cats must be friendly to humans. Additionally, all animals must have their current vaccinations record.
About Our Hours
While we have veterinary and supervisory staff available for boarded animals 24/7, we are not always available to help out their human companions. Rest assured, if you board your animal with us you will receive an emergency number to call in case their is a crisis that comes up in your life, and our staff will always keep you updated on the well-being of your animal.
Our regular business hours are 9am to 5pm on Monday through Friday, 10am – 5pm on Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday. Due to seasonal business, we are not accepting walk-in boarders at this time. Daily boarders must have their companions picked up no later than 6pm on weekdays and saturday, and no later than 5pm on Sundays to avoid late pickup fees. We are open all days except Christmas day, so please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
We look forward to serving you and your pet!